Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Nate likes to scoot himself across the tile.
Nate likes to chase Freeman down. Freeman was teasing Nate. Soon after Nate reached the dump truck, Freeman and the dump truck took off... with Nate following close behind...
Freeman decided to join Nate in his crib, and Daddy Freeman attacked the boys with tickles. I have never seen these kids laugh so hard.
Freeman is being quite the swimmer. Here is Freeman getting rings of the step. He can hold his breath and go under water.
This is one of Freeman's favorite things to do. He climbs onto dad's neck and they hold their breath and swim under water. Daddy Freeman has taught Little Freeman so much with swimming. They go almost every day. That is our special family time when Freeman comes home from work.
We put Nate on this car toy and surprisingly stayed on. He loves playing with all the little contraptions on this car and was so happy.
Time to share... So Nate always wants to play with what Freeman has and vice versa... Except Freeman is always able to take the toy away from Nate.
Nate is crawling around so Freeman is copying him.
Here is Nates little "Mission Impossible" move. Or is "Downward Dog" pose.
We are trying to wean Nate off his binkie and this particular night I hid one underneath his teddy bear (just in case I needed to find it during the night)... well as you can see he found it and fell asleep clutching it in his little hands.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
"At times we may become bored or irritated with home and family and familiar surroundings. Such may seem less than glamorous, with a sense of sameness, and other places may sometimes seem more exciting. But when we have sampled much and have wandered far and have seen how fleeting and sometimes superficial a lot of the world is, our gratitude grows for the privilege of being part of something we can count on- home and family and the loyalty of loved ones. We come to know what it means to be bound together by duty, by respect, by belonging. We learn that nothing can fully take the place of the blessed relationship of family life."-Thomas S. Monson.
I know that my family may not share the same beliefs as me, but I want you to know that what the prophet counsels us in isn't just for the members of the church, it is for everyone. These teachings are for us all to learn and be strengthened by. This little paragraph in this talk hit home and I know that that is for me and my family to hear. I love my family member who this is dedicated to and I hope they will soon learn who they can count on.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
2 Year old Freeman's special smile.
Nate's still working on his!
Freeman and his froggy legs...
Okay, this was funny... I was going in to check on Freeman, and he was tossing and turning and all of the sudden he got out of bed and stood up, and then bent over and his upper body rested on the bed. We have found him a few times like this, so I don't know if he starts to sleep walk, and just falls back into bed?
And of course, in the car... I don't know how he breathes like this...
Okay, funny/scary story. We put a gate up in Freeman's doorway so he won't keep getting out while he is trying to fall asleep. Well, with the start of Potty Training I was thinking that eventually he'll need to be able to go potty during the night and that maybe I should try to not keep the gate up. So we did our bedtime routine and I went to my room. I was talking on the phone to Freeman, and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone enter the room. Little Freeman had quietly come in and scared me to death. So, the gate went back up. No scaring mom when Dad's at work. We'll try again later.
Freeman loves helping Dad and cleaning the pool. Here he is empty out the skimmer.
What a hard worker.
Here is Freeman and his friend Carson. They were having so much fun bouncing on the fire truck.
Nate and Freeman hanging out.
Friday, July 4, 2008
So, I filmed Nate and the "Ball Popper" because of Nate's reaction. This video only gives you glimpses of what happened earlier... When I first turned on the Ball Popper, Nate started to Shake and I thought he was having a seizure. As soon as the ball popper turned off, I realized he was just so excited and that is why he was shaking. So if you look closely, occasionally he starts to shake. But just imagine that for 20 seconds straight. Scary at first, but then it was really funny.
1. Having the gospel in my life and being happy
2. My 3 boys (Free, Freeman, and Nate!)
3. Having air conditioning
1. That my husband will get hurt at work.. Oh wait.. that happened..
2. Dolls scare me... funny thing once, my sister and I stayed at her friends house in Massachuetts, and the room I had to stay in... Filled with dolls on the dresser facing the bed.
3. Something happening to my children. They are my world.
1. I bumped up my goal from 1/2 marathon to full marathon. (Jan 31st anyone?)
2. Having a big family! I love my kids so much and it's so exciting to wonder who else is going to be in our family. I always picture Free and I as Grandparents and having all our Grandkids running around and spending time together.
3. Eventually I would love to participate in a Sprint Triathalon. But, I need a bike and be a better swimmer. (Yeah, I thought I was going to drown once at Lake Bartlett from swimming after our beachball... I had to just let it go :(
3 Current Obsessions
1. Working Out... has always been an obsession... Thanks to you Jane Fonda!
2. Of course, Blogging and letting my family know what's going on.
3. Trying to keep a clean house.
3 Random/Surprising Facts about Me
1. I had a short finger, but thanks to surgery it looks somewhat normal.
2. I think my husband is the only one who has seen my true, hyper crazy self... well besides my mom and sister
3. Even though shopping has never been my favorite thing to do, I discovered that I really like to shop for my husband and kids.
I tag, whoever reads my blog.