Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dedicated Thought

I was reading from a talk given by Thomas S. Monson from the Worldwide Leadership Training and was titled, "A Sanctuary from the World." There is someone very important in my life that I think this is important to hear, and maybe somehow will help reassess what's important.

"At times we may become bored or irritated with home and family and familiar surroundings. Such may seem less than glamorous, with a sense of sameness, and other places may sometimes seem more exciting. But when we have sampled much and have wandered far and have seen how fleeting and sometimes superficial a lot of the world is, our gratitude grows for the privilege of being part of something we can count on- home and family and the loyalty of loved ones. We come to know what it means to be bound together by duty, by respect, by belonging. We learn that nothing can fully take the place of the blessed relationship of family life."-Thomas S. Monson.

I know that my family may not share the same beliefs as me, but I want you to know that what the prophet counsels us in isn't just for the members of the church, it is for everyone. These teachings are for us all to learn and be strengthened by. This little paragraph in this talk hit home and I know that that is for me and my family to hear. I love my family member who this is dedicated to and I hope they will soon learn who they can count on.

1 comment:

Gates & Tausha said...

awesome quote...glad you posted it...haven't read it yet...but I need to huh?! :) thx tiff...good thought and great reminder..