Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Preston Brooks Carney


On September 15, 2009 at 1:04pm, Preston Brooks Carney was born. He was 8lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long! I was induced 2 weeks early because he was measuring big and it was once way to lessen my chances of a c-section. They were going to call us in Monday night but the hospital was so busy we were going to have to go in the next day. Well, Freeman stayed up late playing XBox and what not, and as soon as he layed down for bed at 5:00am the hospital called and said we could come in! I was laughing so hard, but Freeman couldn't find what was so funny... ;)
I was prepared to have my labor as natural as possible and was looking forward to try the technique called hypnobirthing. My first nurse didn't seem supportive and was saying, "Oh, you are going to need this and that, you'll need potocin because we want your contractions to start and we want them to hurt..." Fortunately I wasn't a push over and stood my ground and said, "I want you to talk to my doctor and this is what I want. " Thankfully, the nurse's shift was ending so I didn't need to deal with her. I was already having contractions so all the doctor had to do was break my water and my contractions began.
The hypnobirthing worked for the first 2 hours, but at 7cm I was screaming for something to relax me! Yikes! Then an hour later I had to tell Freeman to get the nurse because my body was ready to push and get the baby out! The nurse didn't look convinced but as soon as she checked she said I was ready to go and I can't believe how fast those nurses could move! Okay, so for this next part I screamed until it was over, so, no hypnobirthing wasn't a total success but it did help!

Preston Brooks


Enjoying some phototherapy for his Jaundice.
He was Combs positive which is where the baby and mother's blood antibodies mix which causes the high level of bilirubin, causing jaundice.



Here is my welcome home cake!

The house was spotless and I had pictures drawn by my boys and husband as gifts!




Kisses from big brother Freeman

Freeman helping with the feeding




Daddy Freeman reading bed time stories to the boys.

Preston at 2 weeks
already at 9 lbs 5 oz

Grandma Jolene with the Carney boys




5 comments:

The Draxler Days said...

I cannot believe that you have three kids! Crazy. Congrats!

The Cutest Allens Ever! said...

So I have to know what is this hypnobirth thihg? And how did it help you? I have not decided what I want to do for my delivery yet.

I'm glad things went well for you! You have some way cute boys! Congrats!

Brianne said...

Congrats on the new baby!!!! Freeman must be doing something right - he's got 3 boys! Tiffany, I think you're going to enjoy those 'Father and Son' outtings in a couple of years!!!

Brianne said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for all of you! He was a big boy, good thing you were able to go early :) He is a cutie! By the way the previous post from "me" was actually Billy :)

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Congratulations!! He's beautiful.